Thursday, February 24, 2005

Thoughts are now turning to the lack of preparation we've put in for our house move on Saturday. True, things are in boxes. But a lot more stuff is nowhere near a box. Various electrical items need untangling and re-boxing, lots of stuff in the upper reaches of the house needs to be shifted closer to the exit, my-oh-my there's a lot to do. And no time to do it in. Tonight, I am heading to Scarboro' to review a 'micro-musical'. Tomorrow I am at the press night for The Lonesome West - after, that is, I've appeared on the radio, delivered Penny the cat to her temporary home, signed up for the new place and done a smattering of work. I have to file tomorrow night's review overnight, after which the computer and all those bits of wires that go in and out of it will have to be dismantled. I can hardly wait to get behind the wheel of a crammed-full Luton van and leave current smalltown behind...to relocate to - a slighter larger town! Please, no blizzards.

I see that Babyshambles fan Michael Howard is urging everyone in the public eye to adopt Conservative-style hypocrisy.

If I had one, my Apple iPod would now be playing: Sly & The Family Stone - Dance To The Music. Reading: Haruki Murakami - Kafka on the Shore. Blimey, next week's proposed accommodation looks tasty!

No comments: