Sunday, May 15, 2005

My mission to do very little over the weekend mostly succeeded. Friday night I ventured into the ale house for colleague's short and sweet leaving drinks, before hot-footing it to a game of rugby league with an actor pal (an amazing display by Hull FC). Little else to report other than rest and relaxation and much mirth induced by the rental DVD selection of the year - Napoleon Dynamite. I'm far from re-charged, I hasten to add, but did find the time to mow the lawn for the first time since we moved here and took the trouble to rid the PC of a million diallers by running SpyBot Search & Destroy. I picked up the guitar for the first time in months, too. I'm sure that this doing fuck all business is good training for the trip to Ireland although there's something to be said for being just a little bit more industrious. I've got a new scene for the play rattling around my head but have yet to commit it to paper.

Teenage daughter has made me proud. Last night she tried to gatecrash a Freefaller gig at Hull Uni - an effort by this tepid band to be taken seriously by the student population - but was moved on by police as she attempted to scale the fence Glastonbury-style. Bless. And a lucky escape from an evening of shite live music for the girl.

Three CDs: Unkle - Edit Music For a Film, Weezer - Make Believe, Jack Johnson - On & On.

No comments: