Friday, March 03, 2006

Disaster struck last night. Lost a few pages of the script in a moment of USB memory stick malfunction. Just as I was in the writer's groove, too. The file, sully2.doc for hackers info, disappeared after an error message, leaving me with a couple of seriously gobbledy gooky .tmp versions of the latest script re-writes. So, I re-wrote what I'd just written, did a hefty amount of pasting what I'd salvaged into the back-up file and, voila, I almost have back what I had. Only, it didn't seem quite as good to me, although that's probably down to me having my head in my hands muttering, "oh, I'm doomed. Doomed, I tell you". With the venue expecting the rewrites on Monday, I could have done without this, but that's ultra-modern technology for you. I never had this when I used an Imperial typewriter. Although I did have that stolen.

Reality checks re the play coming thick and fast. The blurb's in a brochure for the Illuminate festival, which was quite a nice thing to see. And Hull Truck's website has the casting breakdown. So, it's not all just a figment of my imagination.

No comments: