Monday, June 12, 2006

Neighbours...

Damn, if only I'd blogged yesterday - all of my World Cup predictions were spot on, 100 per cent accurate. Today, after eating Thai food with M, mother and sister, I purchased a strimmer. Dad would've liked such attention to the garden, although the thought of standing outside strimming in front of the neighbours strikes utter fear into me. I also took photographs of the street names surrounding our house, just to prove I'm living in the right neighbourhood for a writer. I'm not sure what the Hull connection is with Chaucer, Marlowe, Wordsworth and Coleridge, nor Swinburne, Dryden and, a little bit unclear in my incredible photo-montage, Byron. But make no mistake, this is writer central. Too late today to forecast a 3-1 win for the Aussies over Japan. But I reckon USA 2 Czech Rep 1 and Italy 5 Ghana 1. If I'm wrong I can always edit this entry to make me look nice and psychic.

No comments: