Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oíche Shamhna tonight...

M, who is now just four days away from being 30, tells me I should blog about the two nice things I said to her last night (part of the dramatic birthday build-up). But that's just far too much information to share with you, dear reader, and I'm not even going to go there. I've noticed that, as she advances in years, M is keen to dish out an increasing amount of orders and requests. This coincides with my increasing ability to ignore these instructions. A clue just now as to what I could buy her for the big 3-0. We work in adjacent rooms and I just shouted through to ask what she was up to. "I'm on the internet. But there's nothing to look at." I think I'm going to buy her a new internet, a bigger and better one with more stuff on it. Probably a pink one.

The elation over the successful Grant for Arts application has now turned to despair related to the amount of time it might take for the cheque to land in the account. There's only so much you can do when you're living off fresh air, especially in east Hull, which, just to compound my trouble, has very little air that you might describe as fresh. I certainly hope some cash has got here by the start of the 2006 Real Ale and Cider festival, which begins in Hull City Hall on Thursday, as I'd love to get some serious research underway. Are any other bloggers that live around here going? Should we all meet up, drink lots of hard core super strength dark ale and then insult each other? It might be fun to fight in a public place with people we've only previously met in a safe virtual environment.

Hallowe'en tonight. We're staying in. With the lights off. Hallowe'eners could have been treated to some of my Tangfastic sour sweets if they'd come round this afternoon. But I've eaten them all now, so we'll have to hide from the little demons. No doubt they'll thrust a firework through the letterbox.

Listening: Madeleine Peyroux - I'm Alright

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hy!! I found than you get an e-mail from George Watara. For me, taht mail has confused me, because that person is from Africa and I don't knom anybody in that country. I don't know if is that a joke or what?? If you can tell me what is that about I would be very grateful. I'm from Croatia, but you can left your comment on my blog.. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

ups...I found thaT you GOT an e-mail...sorry,my mistake =) =)

Anonymous said...

why is it all about Africa and Crotia.... that was great BTW !!