Friday, January 19, 2007

Calling all Hull bloggers...

Sorry to be exclusive but this won't be of any interest if you ain't from/living in Hull. You have been warned...


So, there is a growing band of us bloggers hailing from or living in the city of Hull. I know of a few and have an ongoing virtual relationship with a handful. Stand up Laurie, Ben, Kate and Bazza. And hello M, who's in the room next door and forces me to read her latest entries seconds after she's posted them. Then there are the others: Blue Skies Fade, Dermot Rathbone, Music Man, Johnny Jazz, Kevin G Brown, Rob Miles, Mrs Dray, James & Ella, Hull lass Becky and Ian Midley, who I call in on when I'm trying to avoid doing anything resembling work. Then there are the other others. The ones I've yet to stumble across, the young 'uns on myspace who I daren't visit in case they force Fall Out Boy on me, the older 'uns on myspace like Michelle Dee who post intermittently, Rob Miles' hundreds of computer whizz students, people who started their blog last night.
So I was thinking, isn't it time to set up some kind of webring to show the world that we mean business? Or at least a big old list of bloggers from Hull. There are a few directories that sort of do the job, but not very well. So, for starters (and I'll happily scrap it if someone has a better idea) I've set up a Top 100 list on GoTop100. It's called Top 100 Hull Bloggers (no marks for originality there, I know) and all you have to do to get on the list is go here, click on the Add Your Site link, fill in a very quick form and respond to an email to confirm your registration. You get the chance to display the banner from your site if you like, as well as describe what your blog is all about to entice readers and a bit more traffic. It's a mere five minute job. So, go on, sign up. Let's spread the word and let other Hull bloggers know that they're not alone. Once there are a few of us the Top 100 positions will be decided by the amount of site visits you attract.

You'll notice, when you get there, that myself and M are currently positioned in spots one and two. Please knock us off the top spots! We're very embarrassed at the vanity of it all! You'll need to add a button to link back to the list. The html code for that is given to you when you sign up.

And voila! Hope you think this is a good idea.

2 comments:

Bazza said...

I will do this tonight when I get home from work, allowing you and M to revel in your top 2 positionry for a few hours more! In the meantime try this link http://weblogcartoons.com/
It reminded me of you.

Anonymous said...

Extremely impressed with the organisation of this. So impressed I joined! Thanks for setting it up. Already I have a mental image of a 100 local bloggers wearing 'thrash metal-style' T shirts with 'Bloggers from Hull' emblazoned across the front (you would also be wearing that unusual knitted bonnet you revealed earlier this week).