Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday drill...

"I have another little job for you," said mother, as I finished fixing the curtain rail. "While you have your drill out, could you put the hanging basket bracket back up?" Saturdays can be so very exciting. The only ingredients you require are an electric drill, masonry drill bits, a curtain rail and brackets, a hanging basket bracket, 8x plugs & screws a pair of steps, a couple of hot drinks while you work and, as Take That's Gary Barlow currently sings, a little patience.

I write this after writing ten more pages of the new play and whilst watching the second part of Scorsese's Bob Dylan documentary No Direction Home out the corner of my eye. I love the übercool Dylan of the early 60s, that earlier, caustically sharp and funny Dylan that seemed to go amiss a few years later never to return. But it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe...

No comments: