Sunday, March 18, 2007

Blow job...

I see that Alan Bennett has aligned himself with the anti-wind turbine brigade. Rather disappointing that he doesn't appear to be a fan of efforts to create alternative and renewable energy and that his appearance at Uppermill Civic Centre will be helping to raise the 25k solicitors' fees required to fight the legal fight that will prevent wind turbines appearing on Denshaw Moor. And this from the man that let an old woman park her clapped out old van on his drive for years - you'd think if anyone would accommodate a blight on the landscape to help out the environment it'd be old Alan. Surely he's been got at, eh? Country dwellers are such a selfish bunch of bastards who like to pretend that energy should be made out of sight in the mucky old city they moved away from when their salary allowed, aren't they? Have they fitted their low energy light bulbs yet? I think not. Apparently the light's not the right colour for them.
Do wind turbines actually work? Do they create the right kind of electricity? Will they eventually rid us of those dirty, filthy power stations? I dunno. But it wouldn't hurt to try and find out, would it? I think the landscape of Holland, which is riddled with wind turbines, looks rather fetching. But I've always been a sucker for a propeller saddled to a 360ft tower.

3 comments:

Bazza said...

I'd have one in my back garden, just don't ask me to fit it.

Bazza said...

and if it annoyed the Liberal Democrat councillor who lives at the back of us, all the better!

Benjamin said...

LOL @ Bazza. Yeah, an interesting article you bring up, Dave, and I totally like your attitude of welcoming power sources that seem far kinder to nature.