Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pants...

We bloggers are a vain bunch and writing about how much toast we've consumed, what time we urinated and all that reality television we watch hardly scrapes the surface of the efforts we go to to document our very dull and boring existence. The payback? Why, the site stats, of course, which tell yours truly that some people out there are marginally sadder than me. What brought the latest visitor to this north eastern internet outpost? I'll tell you: Find me paisley underpants. Thus leading the Virgin Media searcher (wot, no Google?) to a 2004 post about a paisley-infested production of Alan Ayckbourn's Chorous of Disapproval and anachronistic circuses (sorry, no permalink - that post dates from the old webcrimson days). Now, if I were searching for paisley underpants, I'd have the good sense to search an online retail outlet, rather than head here. Did the underwear seeker find the necessary pants, I wonder? Or did they just want arousing images?

And talking of pants: Disastrous night for Hull rugby league last night. Seems that FC's renaissance was a mere figment of my imagination as they were well and truly shown how to play by Wigan, while over the Pennines Rovers got a further reality check courtesy of St Helens. But still relatively early days. Super League does appear to be a league of complete parity this year, which explains the lack of consistency all over the shop and results that laugh in the face of reputation, squad size and form. Which is itself a ray of hope for my beloved black and white who can still be in the mix if they ever find some form. But, as me old mucker Dick Tingle reports, fancy-talking motivational coach Peter Sharp described last night's display as "a load of rubbish".

4 comments:

David said...

Hi Davey. Just a quick question. Do you remember what the name of the book was I once borrowed from you about travelling through Japan with the blossom seasons? Sorry, I realise this is more of a question than a comment.
cheers mate,
Dave

Bazza said...

Peter Sharp was maybe trying to put a positive spin on things!

Dave W said...

Hey Davey C. That book is Hokkaido Highway Blues: Hitchhiking Japan by Will Ferguson. Are you hitchiking Japan or just settling down for a read?

David said...

Cheers Dave. Just recommending it to a Japan-obsessed friend. Though I'd still love to do it some day ...