Monday, May 07, 2007

A bit distracted...

So, a week that should end with lots of excitement. I know of at least one person who has bought a ticket - thank you, Music Man. If I'm there that night, do say hello. I'm due to appear on Look North on Thursday evening to discuss things of a Sully nature with housewives favourite Peter Levy (note to self: remember to point out that the play will also be of interest and entertaining to those not especially au fait with rugby league). It should be available online for 24 hours, so I'll post the link on here once it's available. In other extraordinary media coverage news, we have made the Goole Times. Yippee.

Lots to look forward to, then. Yet I'm a bit distracted. Tomorrow I start work at Opera North, in Leeds. As I sit here watching Selby's amazing comeback against Higgins in the World Snooker Championship (such drama!), I'm feeling those usual pre-work wobbles. It's a part-time position, so it shouldn't get in the way of the writing. At least that's the plan. Since I left the Mail around about this time last year, caught up as I was in the excitement of the original production of Sully, I've managed to write three more plays, one of which definitely has a home, a novel, which currently resides with a publisher, and a short film script, which goes into production at the end of May, as well as pitching several other ideas. Not bad going. Quite whether the new Web Content Editor me will be quite as prolific as the full-time playwright me remains to be seen. I certainly hope so. Wish me luck?

Bank holiday Monday. I thought it would be good idea to go for a bike ride. Given that I've not cycled anywhere since we lived in York, it made perfect sense to me to ride to mother's house, five miles away on the other side of the city, and back again. My legs hurt. I fear that tomorrow, when I'm trying to create a good first impression in front of my new colleagues, people might be looking at me wondering why does he walk like that?

No comments: