Friday, July 27, 2007

Ostrich in time...

It's not every day that you can write "Today, I ate an ostrich burger for breakfast" but today I ate an ostrich burger for breakfast. I had the Hull farmers' market to thank for that and the "Ostrich Burgers £2.50" sign closed the deal. Very nice it was, although, it has to be said, there was nary a farmer in sight - butchers, cheesemakers and bakers, yes. Farmers? No. Yet, if I'm honest, I wouldn't know a farmer if one smacked me in the face - I guess they're not all blokes in wellies wearing hefty sideburns and talking in thick west country accents, are they?


In other news Danielle, my daughter, was 17 today. She doesn't read this and, even if she did, she wouldn't admit it. But happy birthday, Danielle, I'm incredibly proud of you. Where did those 17 years go?

No comments: