Monday, February 04, 2008

Runnin' down a dream...

I made it to the half-time show of the Super Bowl but, sadly, Tom Petty did for me (and confused me - didn't he used to have much bigger teeth?) and I gave it up as a bad job. Only to discover, this morning, that I had averted my eyes from what was maybe, possibly, the biggest Super Bowl upset ever. It is, perhaps, a sign of my age and early adoption of this wacky American sport, that I remember the New England Patriots being complete bobbins. They're also a division rival of my beloved, perennial under-achievers since 1969 (and the other New York team) New York Jets so, rather unfathomably and underdoggerish of me, I was hoping for a Giants win. And lo, it happened. These things tend not to occur in the extremely predictable, winning is everything and nothing to be ashamed of world of US sports.

No comments: