Thursday, November 11, 2004

There has been much cringe-inducing back-slapping here today. The paper has won an award for the second year running, thus resulting in a morale boosting piece of dictatorial oration by the editor. I would put most of the success down to the once-a-week, massively entertaining and always highly amusing column I pen. But it wasn't even mentioned. But fuck all that, because today Killing Time was added to Ms Smacked Face's blog roll, a move that knocks several pairs of fluffy, winter-warming socks off any accolades that could be dished out at the Yorkshire Press Awards. I couldn't return the honour, as I have been linking to the Smacked one for some time. Instead, and in an effort to arse around with the blog rather than make any work-related telephone calls, I've opted to point people in the direction of the scinitilating Johnny Billericay. I was also highly tempted to add a permanent link to here, which I discovered while looking at the somewhat more-famous Killing Time. But then I thought better of it, bearing in mind that my 13-year-old nephew occasionally pops by. But, fuck me, I can't be responsible for what he looks at on the internet...

No comments: