Thursday, January 20, 2005

In the interests of being in when that rarest of commodities - a plumber - calls to fix our temperamental boiler, I have been granted permission to work from home today. So here I am, Homer Simpson-like, working in nothing more than a smock, stuffing my face with Ryvita, cheese and jalapenos and, generally, getting diverted because all the good stuff I live for surrounds me (apart from M that is, she's made the reverse move and buggered off into work). CDs, books, eDonkey, cups of tea are all distracting me but, oddly, I am being ten times as productive as I would be if I were at work. Bear that in mind, work police, the next time you're quizzing my email activity (actually, ten times my usual productivity probably isn't saying a lot). Talking of eDonkey, a bit of retro-downloading in an effort to grab the stylings of an Aussie band of yesteryear resulted in a red exclamation mark and something totally unexpected. The last thing I want nestling on my hard drive is bleedin' INXS. Same thing happened this morning - thinking I was getting a tasty acoustic version of Jeff Buckley's Last Goodbye, I've been cursed with Atomic Kitten's irksome track of the same name. I'm going legal!

Is fame beckoning? I have been booked to talk about myself (erm...it obviously comes naturally) and my various writing activities. Filling an hour should be no problem but making it anything resembling entertaining might be a tad tricky. Ah well. I can always dig out the old Worst Seat in the House script.

Suckers?: Legal downloads Up. MP3 Fave: Jeff Buckley - Dancing in the Moonlight

No comments: