Thursday, March 31, 2005

Well, things appear to have taken a turn for the worse in York, where lead actor has been carted off to hospital. Must watch the situation closely, as a damning review might be the straw that breaks the camel's back, or dislodges the intravenous drip as he tears his copy of The Stage to shreds. I'm not a complete bastard, he lied. Phoned Scarboro', as Scott, 12, is coming with me to see Spending Frank. The press release warned of "strong language". Apparently it's just a page of f***ing. Verbally, that is, not visually. So I shall cup the budding Larry Olivier's ears at that point. My only fear is that I might be exposing him to a boring play at such an early age, thus putting him off a career that will leave him poverty stricken and ego inflated. Still, one can only hope that it's a good piece of work. As ever, I shall enter the Stephen Joseph with an open mind and wander into the shop, look at the posters and the signed Ayckbourn volumes before turning up to my seat late.

No comments: