Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Life as a Samurai is much the same. Fair enough, I've only read the introduction of Hagakure so far. Perhaps I expect too much from a small book. M seems to consider the whole idea of me becoming a Samurai - perhaps the first Samurai ever to wander the streets of the market town in which we currently live - a remote dream. But I shall make it. In many ways I already have....

"Human life is truly a short affair. It is better to live doing the things that you like. It is foolish to live within this dream of a world seeing unpleasantness and doing only things that you do not like. But it is important never to tell this to young people as it is something that would be harmful if incorrectly understood. Personally, I like to sleep. And I intend to appropriately confine myself more and more to my living quarters and pass my life away sleeping."

I got a thank you card at work yesterday for an article that 'read really well'. What a marvellous seal of approval from the owner of a shop to a professional writer that is. I shall sleep sounder tonight with that under my belt. I shall staple it to my CV. I shall send a 'thank you for your thank you' card back to them. It makes it all worthwile, it means more to me than an extra 10k per annum and my own column. Excuse me while I head back to the race track.

Already an avid fan of: Celebrity Love Island. Track: The Pixies - Hey. Sympathy for the Devil You Know: Kylie.

1 comment:

ladytao said...

i usually can't sit still long enough to finish reading one blog, but i was able to sit thru your whole page. I really appreciate your sense of humor.