Tuesday, June 28, 2005

So, here we are. The day of reckoning. Do I wake up tomorrow to discover that everything's changed? Or will stuff stay the same? Tonight, five people I would really like to be in the audience will be elsewhere. Dad, naturally, can't make it; M is out on reviewer's watch; Dan, Scott and Sam are in Spain. But lots of other people - 290 of them in red velvet flip-up seats - will be there. Let's just hope they get it. Went to a tech walk through after work. There's nothing I can do now - I was just a spare part watching everything happen around me. But I've left the baby in several pairs of capable hands and there are a lot of people that need thanking for getting me this far. Worried? Nervous? Of course I am, it's only natural. "Feeling brown trouserish?" Nick asked me as I headed to the car last night. Yes, was the answer. But right now, I'm also feeling like a man who's finally found what he's been looking for.

No comments: