Thursday, June 16, 2005

Theatrical business continues elsewhere as I return to my desk, feeling extremely happy that, playwise, things are going well. The feelers are out for rugby league memorabilia and it appears that an email I sent out bothering my employers for a bit of coverage has clashed with a similar request sent out to even more media by the theatre's press office. The more, though, the merrier, I suppose. Am off out later to stick up posters in rugby league club shops. It's been a fun three days and I've learnt a lot in such a short space of time. Disappointed that I can't spend the rest of the rehearsal period in there with them. I'm on the touchline now - or I will be once I drop in the last of the rewrites - and will only be able to pop my head round the door on the odd occasion. My work's done, of course. I've been asked a few questions by the directors and the cast. All I can do now is lurk at the back. I wasn't sure about the play before we started. But now, I like this world we've created. I do hope other people enjoy it. The more I go through the script and hear it, the more I realise how little, aside from the backdrop of a big game and some sporting vignettes, it's got to do with rugby league. Which is just as well. Now, I'm thinking about the next play. And how I can turn this part-time fascination into a full-time gig.

No comments: