Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Second day post-holiday. It doesn't get any easier, does it? Just two days in and it's hard to imagine how I ever got round to writing a play after staring at this darn computer screen for so long each day. My eyes feel damaged - the floating bits and pieces are back with a vengeance. Instant karma yesterday - monitor died a death as I booted up the PC. Wish I'd just left the out-of-office assistant on and gone home. Change the job in a few weeks. Will be marginally more interesting than the current role but, mentally, I shipped out of this place many months ago.
Have grown tired of observing management's increasingly eccentric methods of moving around the office, described by the man on my left as "the Mussolini walk". The desire to charge about in a peculiar manner, more often than not with a pocketful of loose change, seems to be the only thing that separates us from them. Well, that and their fancy cars, their desire to start conversations whilst standing at urinals and the fact that they're totally incapable of good old-fashioned communication and completely lacking the kind of social skills that the rest of us take for granted.

Listening: The Paddingtons - 50 to a £, Rory Gallagher - Against The Grain, The Cult - Lil' Devil. Quoting: Big Brother's Science - "Not only do I understand, I overstand".

No comments: