Monday, August 15, 2005

Every now and then I feel that I'm right back at the start again. Back in June, when the play was a reality, I felt like I could take on the world, that everything was about to become so radically different, that the future was incredibly rosy and bright and that nothing could possibly go wrong. Now all that seems more than a couple of months ago and, although things are in the pipeline, a future as a playwright seems frustratingly out of reach. Wonder why I've bothered with this work nonsense from the age of 16. Why I worked so fucking hard to make someone else happy. Have nothing to show for it. Financially speaking, someone else has everything I worked for. Only now am I beginning to realise that the advice I paid someone in the legal profession to give me, a supposed expert, was the wrong advice. Ah well, it's too late to undo it now. And...my kids are moving house. Only up the road. 20 miles away. But it means that there'll be no more lunch dates with them during the week. Sad. Very sad.

No comments: