Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Call from the bank. "Before we continue, can you prove who you are by giving us your date of birth." They called me. On the contact number I gave them years ago. It's my phone. Who the fuck could it be? I'm getting tired of all this interference. They call you when you've slipped over your overdraft, they call you when you're in credit. I should've asked them to prove who they are. Don't call me, I'll call you when I want something, I told them. And another thing. Yesterday, despite being told that I might be waiting five minutes, British Gas kept me hanging on call waiting for 20. They had been outdone by npower earlier in the day, who managed a monumental 25 minute delay before dealing with my call. Freakiest utility-related telephone action was with Transco, who have a spooky voice-activated system that doesn't require a real person at the other end of the telephone at any point.

No comments: