Friday, June 09, 2006

Sport...

The Carolina Hurricanes are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Final series. This is in stark contrast to my X-Box version of events, played just prior to the real world face off, which has the series tied at one game apiece. I'm now pondering on whether to recreate the entire upcoming Fifa spectacular on the console, or whether that might totally signal the end of leaving the house until July 10. Which would be a shame given the recent climate upturn - cripes, I'm even wearing flip flops today. Just in case I am spending the next month indoors, I took the opportunity of taking a stroll up the street this merry morn. I wound up in the post office, where, asking to send a package Guaranteed Next Day Delivery, I was given a five minute lecture on its current lack of existence. Apparently, next Friday ushers in such a service. Until then, we have to rely on Special Delivery. When I attempted to tell the woman that I had been calling Special Delivery Guaranteed Next Day Delivery for at least five years, her fingers hovered over the panic button.
Today's score predictions, then. Germany 3 Costa Rica 1; Poland 1 Ecuador 0. Now, excuse me while I stock up on beer, tortilla chips 'n' dips and sweeties.

Listening: Primal Scream - Riot City Blues. The Futureheads - News and Tributes.

No comments: