Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sun...

I wake up and the sun's shining. I reach for a CD and we find ourselves listening to Corrinne Bailey Ray off some ill-thought through poppy party mix I put together a couple of months ago. This could signal disaster, as the Leeds lass is no way to brace yourself for several hours at the coal face and England's important first game in a worldwide football tournament. So I skip through the CD and eventually settle on some Pizzicato Five to get us dancing in the horizontal. This is better. Got a phone call yesterday confirming that Sully will return in 2007. For two and a half weeks, no less. Great news. Meanwhile, I'll be dreaming of a time when, to be English is not to be baneful, to be standing by the flag not feeling shameful, racist or partial. Come on, you inept bunch, believe! Or, failing that, at least win the game.

Also listening: Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit. Cracktown - How I Feel Inside.

No comments: