Friday, August 04, 2006

Some old girl...

The Hull Daily Mail prides itself on bringing the biggest stories to its declining readership first and in full. Bless them. I mean, if it wasn't for this bastion of self-importance I wouldn't know that old women were making trips to east coast seaside towns. Can you believe that this was the story plugged just beneath the lead story on the paper's homepage today...

ALMA LOOKING AHEAD TO HER SPECIAL DAY

09:10 - 04 August 2006
East Riding: A 99-year-old London resident has visited Hornsea for a
holiday and enjoyed shopping.


I mean, come on! I never thought of myself as an ace reporter capable of scooping all other media for the top stories but even I'd regard this as barrel scraping! Keep it up, Johnny and the team, and I'm sure more regional press accolades will come your way.

No comments: