Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bag...

Yet another checkout trauma. Well, in my fuzzy vision short sighted eyes, anyway. I'm taking armfuls of items of all shapes and sizes out of a basket and placing them on to the counter for scanning and the woman at the till asks if I want a bag to put it all in. What, you think I'm going to get you to pile it all up in my arms and do some amazing balancing act as I stumble back to the car? Yes, I want a carrier bag! Use your common sense, look at it all, think about it before you ask me!

I am teasing myself today. With the halfway mark of NaNoWriMo - 25,005 - in sight I stopped writing at 24,632 words. I could've carried on. But I thought, nah, that's too easy, I'll save that moment of pleasure, pick it up tonight and burst right through 25,000 words with a little skip, jump and celebratory dance. Surely the second half of a venture like this must get easier, as you're counting down the words left to write rather than adding up what you've done every day. Bet you wish you'd done it now, don't you? Yeah, I know, you said no.

Listening: Jarvis Cocker - Jarvis

No comments: