Sunday, November 19, 2006

Perfect Sunday morn'?

M asked "Is this your perfect Sunday morning?"
I was laid listening to Bob Dylan's Desire whilst simultaneously racing through Ryu Murakami's magnificent 69 and hatching plans in my mind to serve us both up with scrambled eggs on toast. A shaft of sunlight was streaming through a gap in the curtains.
"Eh?" I said, when I should've said "yes!"

After the scrambled eggs on toast (I am a doer, not a thinker!) I penned another 2,000 NaNoWriMo words (taking me to a whopping 32k. I know you're bored of this particular thread. Sorry.) and then stared into space trying to work out how the hell I'm going to turn all this J Arthur Rank research into a play. I've got a lummy great box of the stuff now and a trillion text files of related words on this very laptop. Thus far, save for a big song and dance number that keeps drifting through my mind involving the waxing and then subsequent on-stage oiling of four different Rank gong beaters, there's not a great deal forming in my head. I simply have too much info. On Monday I will be putting all that I have to one side and attempting to sketch out some kind of outline, upon which I will hang some of the interesting things I've discovered. That seems like a decent enough plan to me. How did I get into this?

I also managed to get hold of an advance copy of the new Babyshambles ep. It's great. It even sounds, unlike much of their output, as if it's been produced.

Listening: Babyshambles - The Blinding EP

No comments: