Sunday, December 03, 2006

As yet untitled...

Did I mention here that I was penning a play about boxing? Well, that's not entirely true. Erm, no. There'll be no boxing. Not for a while, anyway. I'm actually going to be writing about lifeboat crews. Such are the bizarre twists and turns and volt faces of the commissioning process. Tomorrow morning I am heading to Spurn Point, home to the only full-time lifeboat crew in the country. I have met them all before, so it should be fun, and I will be asking them to explain their life-saving lives in a few succinct paragraphs. What with all the boxing research I've done, though, I fear that I might start asking them about the Thriller in Manilla and the Rumble in the Jungle and how their skipping and bag work's coming along. On Tuesday I have a meeting at the theatre to discuss the play, which has the current working title East Yorkshire Lifeboat Crew play. Not very snappy, is it? A new title will no doubt be discussed. I have drawn up a long list of possible titles, although I wasn't being too serious when I added Das Rettungsboot to the list (or was I?). Should be a fun couple of days.

No comments: