Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Rather peculiar posture...

The tv thing was over in a flash; no sooner had I been ushered into the studio, mic'd up and encouraged to adopt a rather peculiar posture on a bright red sofa than I was being thanked for my appearance, stripped of the mic and being ushered out again. And all after a big build up - 25 minutes of waiting and nail chewing and wondering what the hell I was going to say whilst sitting outside the studio watching what was going on inside on a small portable tv. It was all very surreal. But fun too. I watched it back and was shocked by how enormous I looked next to the presenter. I seriously need to shed some weight. Or he needs to bulk up. So, now a few more people know about the Rank project, which is a strange way of motivating myself to get round to writing the bulk of it but, I suppose, a necessary part of this whole ridiculous process of procrastination I put myself through - I can't not do it now, can I? Today, though, after that flirtation with the local media, it's time to turn my attention back to lifeboats. By 5pm I should have a really workable outline and a scene-by-scene breakdown to send to the theatre. To work!

Listening: Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon

No comments: