Friday, January 05, 2007

Renewed relish...

I did go big on Peter Cook yesterday afternoon. Watched him on Parkinson, watched more of A Life In Pieces, wallowed in clips from Not Only But Also, laughed until I cried when I saw, for the 'nth time, the four classic interviews with Clive Anderson, baulked at his travesty of an appearance on Whose Line Is It Anyway, tried to track down the Why Bother? radio show he did with Chris Morris. But the astonishing thing is that, after I devoted myself to wasting away the entire afternoon, once I was Cooked-out I returned to the outline with renewed relish and, well, finished the thing. Not sure about that scene where the chap with one leg wants to join the RNLI though...

The fuss seems to have died down over the ENB/BNP ballerina Simone Clarke. I couldn't help thinking that there was possibly a word missing in the reports when the story broke. Surely, rather than insisting she knows she's right, she meant to say "I know I'm right wing." Good to see that she's not being allowed to dance away from this one though, with the Black Londoners Forum attempting to force the ENB to end its ridiculous silence over the issue. I'm sure the BNP would rather not have a ballerina as a member, anyway - they like a chap with a pitbull terrier, don't they? Couldn't we just have Simone Clarke and all of her ilk/fellow BNP members shot on stage?

No comments: