Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Holding out for a hairdo...

Long overdue appointment at the hairdressers. I was recognised by my hairdresser. Hardly surprising, perhaps, yet I've only been in the place twice in my life, the first occasion around eight months ago (yes, I'm ashamed to admit it, other stylists have been known to toussle my locks). It's not that I have a fantastically memorable scalp or head of hair. No, he'd seen me back in January on my one and only television appearance to date and had remembered, pretty much word for word, what I said that night and repeated it verbatim for verification. Slightly disturbing, the power of the media, isn't it? All was redeemed when the man with the scissors told me he'd be coming to see Sully in May and would be keen to see the Rank play if and when it hits the stage. I tipped him 25 per cent of the bill and promised to return soon. I'm not so sure I was being entirely honest.

2 comments:

Stephen Newton said...

Incidents like that mean you're proper famous now.

Dave W said...

Ah, that explains it. Time to become a recluse, you think?