Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dad...

These June 12ths certainly come round soon. It's now four years since we've been without him. Dad, that is. Once upon four years ago I never thought the time would come when I would be able to talk about him and not feel like breaking down under a torrent of tears. But the time does come. And then you can laugh again, remember. Remember it all like it was only yesterday. Because, of course, in the grand scheme of things, it was only yesterday. I will always be his son and he will always be my dad. Only something bigger than the both of us can decide whether we'll ever hold hands and laugh together again. But it doesn't matter: We did hold hands and we did laugh together...and lots more besides. Enough June 12ths - in future I will save all this for your birthday. x

No comments: