Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A music-based meme...

Occasionally, you'll see a meme that tickles your fancy, eh? Which I did, yesterday, on a myspace bulletin, but it disappeared just as quickly as it appeared, deleted by the poster. But, after a bit of Googling, it goes something like this...

Before you do anything else, pick 10 favorite bands/artists-

1. Babyshambles
2. Josh Rouse
3. Dirty Pretty Things
4. Rolling Stones
5. Prince
6. Libertines
7. Bob Dylan
8. Oasis
9. The Cure
10. The Smiths

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Death On The Stairs. And we jumped around on a matress as it played. It still makes me want to jump around on a matress.

What is your favorite album of 8?
Definitely maybe Definitely Maybe.

What is your favorite lyric of 5?
I'm avoiding the comedy smut here and motherf*kin' funk to bring something more, well, spiritual to the table...

Everybody's looking 4 the ladder
Everybody wants salvation of the soul
The steps U take are no easy road
But the reward is great
4 those who want 2 go

(The Ladder)

What is your favorite song by 7?
Don't Think Twice It's All Right. There really ain't no use in turning out your light, babe.

Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
Too much guitar thwacking to get all melancholy with this bunch. Bang Bang Your Dead, if it was written about Carl's former sidekick, might induce a bit of "oh dear me" and "what if" and "if only". But sad? Nah.

What is your favorite song by 2?
Oh, the sing-a-long Love Vibration, swiftly followed by Sad Eyes.

What is your favorite song by 9?
Close To Me. Like Robert, I, too, have made myself so sick.

What is your favorite album by 1?
Not a great deal of choice right now, so shall we settle for Down In Albion? High hopes for Shotters Nation, though.

How did you get into 3?
Via 6 and after 1. The completist in me also made it so.

What is your favorite song by 4?
Sympathy For The Devil. I was working on a building site and use to nip out for several pints during a 30 minute lunch at a working man's club, and used to stick this on repeat play - much to the annoyance of the rest of the clientelle.

Who is your favorite band member in 9?
That Robert dude with the big hair and cute lipstick. Indeed, I am currently wearing his hair.

Is there a song by 8 that makes you sad?
Talk Tonight. Because, well, sometimes you don't and all you're left with is songs.

What is your favorite song by 10?
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. I wish I'd appreciated it at the time.

Which album of 2 has influenced you the most?
Nashville. It influenced me to actually attend the gig, as I'd never heard of the bloke until someone at the venue thrust it in my hand.

1 comment:

Bazza said...

I've taken the plunge and done this over at Bazza is. I agree with you about Robert Smith's hair.