Wednesday, April 09, 2008

All talk...

As you can see from the blogroll on the left (unless I've had a redesign and moved it) I read the feeds of far too many "writing" blogs. I'm afraid I'm growing tired of them, though. Like the craziest, wackiest of writers' groups, nobody out there appears to be doing any actual writing. There's a lot of talk about style and genre and voices and characters and assorted hints and tips and news about this competition and that competiton (competition? Bollocks to that) but, well, is anyone applying any of this advice and churning out any words? Is anyone selling anything? Getting paid? Making it? Maybe I'm reading the wrong "writing" blogs.

1 comment:

Dreamer girl said...

I've gotten to the point that I just write because I want to. Just keep on writing you never know. But, I admit that my teaching paycheck makes saying it a lot easier. Your blog is fun.