Friday, November 13, 2009

Order, order...

Our takeaway traumas took another turn earlier this week, when we decided to continue with our flamboyant lifestyle and get some pizzas. I spurned fancy telephone and internet ordering, preferring instead to walk to the second closest pizza 'n' kebab emporium (we boycotted the closest - the Quangoesque-named Hull Pizza - when it took them over two hours (two hours!) once to deliver an order that I'd originally gone in to collect but that they suggested bringing to our house 'very soon'). Anyway, this week I ordered a Mexican which, the menu on the wall pointed out, is that famous Mexican sauce Bolognaise topped with cheese and jalapeno peppers. The jalapenos are the important ingredient because, without them, you end up with the Italian. Which is precisely what happened. Do I not look and sound like a Mexican? Is it even worth me using words caciquismo if this is how things end up? I didn't phone to complain or take it back. I just ate my Italian and complained after every mouthful.

1 comment:

Andrew Allison said...

'The Quangoesque-named Hull Pizza.' It sounds like its service is very Quangoesque too. It's amazing how many fast food emporiums there are in Hull and equally amazing how many we avoid. It's no wonder how many of them go to the wall.