Monday, March 08, 2010

Cauliflowers of romance...

Still plagued with strange behaviour from the takeaways we keep turning to for deliveries of copious quantities of food. Last night, 30 minutes after our excessive, stomach-bursting order was placed, the phone rings. "We have a problem with the Cauliflower Bhaji you have ordered." "Really?" "Yes. We don't have any cauliflower." "Ok, I'll order something else. What are the options?" "The options? (pause) We have found the cauliflower now." 30 seconds pass, at most, then there is a knock at the door. It is our food. The takeaway in question is at least a five minute drive away. "That was quick. They just phoned me about the cauliflower," I mumble as I hand over the cash. The driver looked at me as if I was insane. Which I'm beginning to think I am.

No comments: