Tuesday, March 30, 2010

These are crazy nights...

To see The Crazies last night with son Sam. I especially enjoyed the moment when Sam jumped out of his seat, turned to me and said, "That frightened me." Which I'm sure is the intended effect (The Crazies is rammed full of moments designed to make the audience jump, although they don't always work) throughout this epidemic thriller. The film was ok. I'm not familiar with George Romero's 1973 film of the same name so can't compare and contrast with Bruce Eisner's effort that was 'inspired' by its predecessor. What truly horrified me, given that we've been frequenting Vue and Reel of late, was the extortionate price of seats at the Odeon. "It is expensive, isn't it?" said the 60-year-old bloke behind the counter, who must have been considering tendering his resignation at the moment he sold us the tickets.

No comments: