Friday, April 30, 2010

Drip, drip, drip...

Sitting at the helm of a group of people, trying to project an air of authority, is problematic when your nose is dripping like a tap. But you can't leave them to it because, well, they're reading their work out to you and expect you to be attentive. So it was last night, when I was sitting at the helm of a group of people with my nose dripping like a tap. As they read and I listened, I adopted numerous strategies to stem the flow, all of which failed. Once the reading was out of the way an exercise was set that enabled me to leave the room to address my little, damp problem. Temporarily, the rivers of running cold were halted. However, the minute I was re-seated at the helm of the group, off it went again. A tough night, to say the least. They don't tell you things like this will happen at Sitting at the Front Looking Like a Twat school.

1 comment:

Richard Lusmore ("Slush") said...

Similar to the "Sitting in an important meeting/exam/funeral with tickly throat and irritating cough" syndrome!