Thursday, May 20, 2010

Alfresco...

First blog post in a while and the first alfresco blog post of 2010 - I'm bashing this out as I sit in the garden, accompanied by the beautiful sounds of birdsong, main road traffic and next door-but-one battering the hell out of pieces of wood and asking his wife for further instructions about 'the lily pots'. I'm killing time, as is the wont of this blog, before heading off to a learning institute to interview a prospective student. Quite how such power ends up in my hands is beyond me. I've been a bit busy of late, redrafting big play - which should see light of day by 'the autumn season' - tinkering with Humber Mouth 2010 piece Thinspiration and getting overly concerned about my contribution to Hull's Larkin25 celebrations. So, although I've just re-arrived, I better bugger off. Once I leave this garden I won't be returning home until 9.30pm tonight at the earliest due to work commitments. The very thought of that makes me feel exhausted.

No comments: