Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spare ribs and crispy duck...

Proper blog block at the moment. Hence, partly, all those quotes, which are not posted to bore you but because I found them interesting. As I've said before, this is my place and if you must insist on dropping by you'll live by my lack of rules.

Went for late lunch yesterday with daughter Danielle, who was celebrating being 20 (late, because she was actually hungover at the alotted time, bless). 20?! Really hard to fathom where all those years went. We had John Prescott's favourite diner - Mr Chu's China Palace in Hull - to ourselves and filled up on copious amounts of rather good fodder. When we'd done we made some sham attempt to walk some of the food off by trotting around the shops across the way but it quickly became clear, as we coated touch screen monitors in PC World with the remnants of spare ribs and crispy duck that lurked on our finger ends, that it wasn't going to do any good. A nice afternoon, anyway, in the company of someone who I am incredibly proud of.

Now? Working on new things. Seeing as the old things...well...I better not get into that.

No comments: