Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thinspiration...

A play. In the nice, tight confines of the studio at Hull Truck. A Humber Mouth Special Commission. Yes, I know, it's not the first. Send your letters of complaint re nepotism etc. The chance to work with two of my favourite creative types and, shucks, long-term collaborators. A capacity crowd. Again, not the first. Such a shame that it was a one off but, well, who knows what might happen?A piece of work covering the issue of 'eating disorders' although, really, just a story about a young woman coming to terms with everything. As for my workmates, what a pleasure to work with they are. Who knows what might happen to award-winning Rachel Helen Shaw, our performer and an awesome, awe-inspiring talent, next? And Lee Green, our director, who ain't so bad himself. The whole experience was, well, just that, an experience. It's given me back some of the confidence that has been chipped away of late due to...well...I better not say. If you did see Thinspiration, thank you very much. If you didn't, silly you, although I'm hoping you'll get the chance some other time. You could always download the script if you're interested.

No comments: