Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Disparate strands...

My hair is currently a ridiculous mop of disparate strands atop my head. It is wayward. It is unruly. It has a life of its own (in my most paranoid moments I'm convinced it is having more fun than me). It is a mess. It is mostly grey. It is everything that a chap's hair should not be. Yet there are so many more things I need to do with my money right now (such as, say, purchase food) that I fear that I may not be getting the barnet cut and restyled any time soon. What does history tell me? Samson's strength was, of course, the result of the Nazirite never having his hair cut. Yet the thought of killing a lion with my bare hands or killing 1,000 Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey doesn't really appeal. Should I self-cut? Now there's an option that could end in tears.

No comments: