Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Free the Ped Egg Terrier...

I can't think of anything that would convince me to purchase one of those horrible Ped Egg feet scrapers, which are designed to grate the hard calloused skin off your plates of meat*. I do know, however, that some things would convince me even more that my decision to steer clear of a device that "is perfectly safe and will not even burst a balloon but miraculously takes off dry skin very easily and smoothly" is the correct decision. One such thing is the outlet of a vendor of this "revolutionary new way" not only being home to dozens of Ped Eggs but also a small terrier dog. The small terrier sits amongst the Ped Eggs in a cage-like contraption, a cage-like contraption ideal for street vending no doubt, and I wouldn't be suprised if, half way through another day of declining sales, that the small terrier and the pads beneath its paws are used to demonstrate the power of the Ped Egg, an ergonomic wonder that fits snugly in the hand and, as if that's not good enough, "all the shavings collect in the egg and it is mess free". When I sought permission to take the photograph of the terrier amid the Ped Eggs, the vendor sneered a "yes" at me, the sub text being that the dog was perfectly happy and amongst friends. Please join me in demanding the release of the Ped Egg Terrier and decrying the strapline "You & your feet will love the Ped Egg" as nothing more than a crime against canines, humanity and beautiful feet the world over.


*This is an example of Cockerney Rhyming Slang

No comments: