Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Boys, biscuits and blackstuff...

I have just ordered Boys From The Blackstuff. Seen bits of it on youtube but not watched it since it was originally screened. Should be £.6.99 well spent. It is television from the time when television was a succession of major events, although I might be wearing rose-tinted false-memory glasses. Like those that Peter Kay wears when he's talking about dunking biscuits. Do you remember biscuits?

I had a nice cup of coffee in Hull Truck this morning. Still not got round to eating there, although M's had a few bites and spoken highly of the scran on offer. Other people, like Sue here, are also taking full advantage of the theatre's new food offer. I followed the coffee with a walk over to the Fruit Market to take some photographs. It rained. I was already full of cold or some other illness. So I took shelter in the recently reopened Minerva and had a medicinal pint of Carling Cold which, as Peter Kay will remember, used to be called Black Label. Back, that is, when Boys From The Blackstuff was on the box.

No comments: