Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tobacco road...

A rather overweight, shoddily dressed and obviously drunk young woman wobbles down the pavement in my general direction.

Sometimes, I think, you really do take your life into your hands when you walk from the city centre down any of Hull's main arterial roads during the hours of darkness.

"Have you gorra cig you?" she shouts "I need a f*cking cig."

I apologise for not smoking and my inability to provide her with the necessary goods.

"Burr I needed a f*cking cig. Gerrrout me way."

She wobbles past me, I laugh, then she adds.

"Yorra f*cking English bastard you. A f*cking English bastard."

Funny, I was thinking the same thing of her.

This tale is available, free of charge, to Hull's destination management organisation Visit Hull & East Yorkshire.

No comments: